There comes a time in every woman’s life when Mother Nature stands behind us and wraps her arms around our shoulders, whispering
“It’s time. You can stop growing up, stop growing older and start growing wiser and wilder. There are adventures still waiting on you and you will enjoy them with the vision of wisdom and the companionship of hindsight. It’s time to stop the madness of comparison and the ridicule of schedule and conformity and start experiencing the joys that a life, free of containment and guilt, can bring.”
Mother Nature shook me then and reminded me that I’ve done my bit. I’ve given enough, cared enough, conformed enough. I’ve bought the book, as it were, and worn the t-shirt. And she reminded me that it was time to stop caring what other people think of me and instead care about what I think of me!
‘It’s time’ she said “to write the ending, or new beginning, of my own story.”
So here I am, looking for a big boy with a pen!
What I’m doing with my life
I make the broken look beautiful and I wear my life wounds like a majestic pair of wings, I am a delicate little flower but made so strong that storms don’t phase me. I’m a woman who know how to be happy even when I’m sad. And that’s important.
I’m really good at:
- Being in love with my life, every goddam minute of it. It’s my trail and I intend to blaze it and blaze it good.
- Being in love with myself. I think of how I’d like to be loved and make it happen for myself.
- Being in love with a partner. I’m really ready to love someone like there is no tomorrow and to show it all.
- Being in love with my home. Never mind the things I don’t like about it, I’m pouring some sparkle on what I have and it will make all the difference.
- Being in love with my family. None of us are perfect but they are my blood and my history, and I need them in my life.
- Being in love with my job. Actually I hate it but it’s time to flip that and look at all the positives and be thankful I have what I have. If I can’t, then I’m going to change it, life’s too short.
- Being in love with being in love. I am about creating a life full of friendships and sloppy kisses and squashy hugs. It’s food for the soul.
My favourite saying
I’m not needy, I’m wanty
Six things I could never do without
Im not normal. My life is too short to blend and fade into the background. To compromise and squeeze into boxes that weren’t made for me and don’t fit me. To thrash out all my quirks and unique qualities and smooth down my edges until I’m bland and acceptable.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Life was made to be stretched and evolved not to smother and oppress. There is no ceiling to the happiness you can feel and no end to the limits you can reach. Burn brightly, sparkle fiercely, live loudly. Most of all be you. You are not only enough, you are a whole new level of enough. You are you and no one is quite like you.
You should message me if
- You play well, you are intelligent, well balanced, dedicated to growing, employed.
- You want to lend me your pen.